Dan De Vaul
name is Dan De Vaul. Sunny Acres is my creation, and it is my life. Here
is my background, and how I became involved in what has become my
- Founded Sunny Acres in November 2001.
- Live on site, and actively participate in the day-to-day operations of Sunny Acres.
in San Luis Obispo and lived in the area, with my family, through high
school and a year of college at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
up in the house shown to the left above. My father farmed various
properties in San Luis Obispo, including the property that is now the
location of Sunny Acres.
to Phoenix in 1966, working several jobs and developing my skills in
various trades.Sought out and lived a “fast life,” a life destined to
encounter serious challenges of my own making.
1970, was involved in a serious automobile accident, and suffered a
broken neck. For approximately an eight month period, was
quadriplegic, eventually recovering to where ambulation was possible,
with the lingering effects of partial right side paralysis.
- As a result, became addicted to painkillers.
- Kicked them, became addicted to alcohol.
- Kicked alcohol, have been clean for 20 years. 10 years without cigarettes.
- Enjoy working with my hands, having others to assist me, and teaching them.
my father’s tradition of providing work and a place to live for
people. Built Section 8 housing in Phoenix. At Sunny Acres,
we have been as high as 73 residents.
- Am totally dedicated to Sunny Acres, and to making it the most successful clean and sober facility in the area.
Our concept works. Let us prove it to you.